NaturalVue Multifocal Lenses for Myopia Management
Myopia, or nearsightedness, has become a global concern, affecting nearly a third of the world’s population. Children with myopia can experience vision deterioration over time, and may also be at risk of serious eye conditions and vision loss later in life.
NaturalVue multifocal lenses can help with managing myopia in children.
Myopia is caused by an elongated eye shape or concave lens that results in light rays bending incorrectly, leading to blurry distance vision. The American Optometric Association states that most children are typically diagnosed between ages 3 to 12.
The Problem with Myopia
Myopia can impact a child’s ability to learn, play sports, and socialize. It also increases the risk of severe eye problems such as glaucoma, cataracts, and retinal detachment later in life.
Is Your Child at Risk of Myopia?
Certain factors increase a child’s risk of developing myopia:
- Ethnicity (Asians are more prone due to near work)%
- Family history of myopia
- Spending less than 2 hours outdoors daily
- Excessive time spent indoors with close-work activities
Reducing Myopia Risk
To reduce the risk of myopia, encourage your child to spend more time outdoors and less time on digital devices or doing near work activities.
Why Choose NaturalVue for Myopia Management?
- Unlike regular soft contact lenses that only correct distance vision, NaturalVue slows myopia progression.
- A study in Eye and Contact Lens Journal: Science and Clinical Practice showed that children who wore NaturalVue multifocal lenses for five years experienced minimal myopia progression.
Does your child have myopia? Find out how they can benefit from NaturalVue for myopia management by scheduling a consultation with James Tracey Eye Care.Our practice serves patients from Midland Park, Midtown, Wyckoff, and Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey and surrounding communities.