We won’t argue with you – online shopping can be very easy and convenient. Without budging from the sofa, you can browse a variety of eyeglasses and click to buy. But plenty of risks lurk in every purchase you make from an online optical! Let’s compare the dangers and disadvantages of choosing new frames from a website versus the benefits of buying eyeglasses from our reliable optical in Midtown and Midland Park.
Cons of Buying Eyeglasses Online
- The whole shopping experience is impersonal. No caring optician or eye care staff will listen to your visual requirements and lifestyle preferences to recommend the best, most reliable eyeglasses options.
- You can’t ask an optician for a first-hand opinion of how you look
- There’s no eye doctor to check that the fit of your frames is optimal; you’re on your own, left guessing about the right bridge span or pupillary distance.
- Many optical stores have special deals with eyeglasses manufacturers, which enables you to receive rebates and discounts that are only available locally. Often, this makes your final cost less expensive.
- Not all optical websites accept vision insurance.
- Many studies show that over 50% of eyeglasses bought online were crafted with the wrong prescription or fit.
Pros of Purchasing Eyeglasses from Our Optical in Midtown and Midland Park
In our friendly local office, we strive to fulfill each customer’s vision needs, eye health requirements and sense of style. Even if your frames become your most favorite fashion accessory, they still need to give you sharp and comfortable vision. Our optical staff will assess your vision in your new eyeglasses, as well as how they fit on your face. Our goal is not simply to make a sale – it is to ensure that your new eyewear flatters your appearance and maximizes your clear and healthy eyesight.
At James Tracey Eye Care, we put your family's needs first. Talk to us about how we can help you maintain healthy vision. Call us today: 646-916-4588 or book an appointment online to see one of our Midtown eye doctors.
Want to Learn More? Read on!